ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] GNSO Consensus Current Thinking

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] GNSO Consensus Current Thinking
  • From: "Milton L Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:14:40 -0400

Right, I think if Avri and the Nomcom Appointee advocates have already
conceded a non-voting Chair, and are willing to have only one vote each
in the two houses, then that's about as far as they can reasonably be
expected to go.

IF WE ARE TO REACH CONSENSUS we have to look at all proposed solutions
in terms of what people think they are giving up.

No one is going to get exactly what they want out of this. I could give
you a long list of concerns and fears about how this all might work, but
prefer to focus exclusively on reaching agreement within the framework
of the bicameral solution.