ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Attempt at final de minimis consensus

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Attempt at final de minimis consensus
  • From: philip.sheppard@xxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:57:38 +0200 (CEST)

Avri, your tenancity to 3 nom com defies all logic.

Today here are 3 to tie break the current structure.
Tomorrow there may be a number X to tie break that structure.

Whats more to my knowledge the first time I have ever heard public
interest mentiond by you or any nom com ever is when I started using the
phrase.
Never has a nom com delegate said "I have considered the public interest
and  believe I must vote ths way" - perhaps they all thought it every GNSO
vote but I fear not. Many told me otherwise.

Contrarily we are proposing at large - the voice of public interest (if
not what is it and why does it exist? and if it is not that voice lets
scrap it and find something that is) - inside the camp so all is not lost.

Philip