ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] Attempt at final de minimis consensus

  • To: <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] Attempt at final de minimis consensus
  • From: "Milton L Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 07:57:12 -0400

Philip this is a very good attempt.
NCUC strongly favors a Nomcom-selected, voting chair, but could probably
live with the solution you propose as it is silent on the topic and
there does not seem to be agreement on it even among the registries now.

I agree with you that it would be a shame if Avri blocked agreement on
this; as I have noted before the concept of a "voice of the Nomcom" (her
words) is clearly an Oxymoron and inconsistent with the "independence"
rationale for Nomcom appointees.

GNSO