ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

[gnso-consumercci-dt] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Consumercci-dt 15-05-2012

  • To: "gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-consumercci-dt] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Consumercci-dt 15-05-2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 13:37:24 -0700

  Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 15 May 2012 Consumer Metrics call.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:excellent tool, yes!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thanks
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jonathan Robinson has joined the audio bridge and the AC
room
  Jonathan Robinson:Thanks Nathalie.  Hello everyone.
  Steve DelBianco (BC):should we wait until we have incorporated all presnt
comments before sending to the GAC?
  Berry Cobb 2:Review & Objections...given the 2000+ apps.
  Steve DelBianco (BC):right -- they have, what, 60 days to do Early Warnings
on 2000 apps?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Julie Hedlund has joined the audio bridge
  Jonathan Robinson:I would think latest draft makes sense as per Steve's
suggestion
  Steve DelBianco (BC):USG is just onee government, but they have an additional
role as the signer of the Affirmation
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Good point, Cheryl.
  Berry Cobb 2:I will take the action to create the 1st draft of the PPT
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thanks that's excellent. I shouldn't think it needs to
be more than a handful of slides
  Berry Cobb 2:http://newgnso.icann.org/group-activities/consumer-trust-wg.htm
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Bravo!
  Steve DelBianco (BC):team -- I think ALAC has agreed with the recommendation,
so lets get moving, we have 40 pages to go!
  Berry Cobb 2:30 pages.  10 are the comments themselves.  :-)
  Rosemary:I have lost my connections...Steve would you mind chairing until I
get back!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:LOL
  Jonathan Robinson:I have to drop-off.  We have guests at home for dinner and
it's 9pm!  Apologies.
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Berry & Staff:  the WHOIS Affirmation team did a survey.
Was it a selected sample or self-selected?
  Berry Cobb 2:outside of the nameservers.  If its parked with a provider,
typically the nameservers are the dead giveaway.
  Berry Cobb 2:@ Steve - I do not know.
  Steve DelBianco (BC):they are indications of parked pages, perhaps.   But not
definitive
  Steve DelBianco (BC):@CLO:  I do not think we should use the word Trademark
in this survey recommendation
  Michael R. Graham:Steve:  I'd agree -- I think should be "Intellectual
Property" or "Brand owners" maybe?