ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

[gnso-consumercci-dt] Follow-up on USG comments for ICANN's Consumer Trust metrics

  • To: "'Consumer CCI DT'" <gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-consumercci-dt] Follow-up on USG comments for ICANN's Consumer Trust metrics
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 19:47:35 +0000

Last week I met with a US Justice Department attorney to discuss the USG
comments on our initial draft advice.

I discussed some of our concerns over measuring costs vs benefits.  I asked
some questions about the USG comments on Competition metrics.  And I showed
them our draft response to additional consumer metrics the USG recommended.
(attached)

Yesterday, a Justice Department attorney responded with the thoughtful reply
below.  Let's add this to our next discussion of public comments.

--
Steve DelBianco
Executive Director