ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg]

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Charter Drafting Team meeting - 15 August 2013

  • To: "gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Charter Drafting Team meeting - 15 August 2013
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 01:16:43 -0700

Dear All,

The next Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Charter
Drafting Team teleconference will be held on Thursday 22 August 2013 at 1500
UTC. These calls will now take place on a weekly basis.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of
Contact Information PDP Charter Drafting Team  call held on Thursday 15 August
2013 at 15:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20130815-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>aug

Wiki page: http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO master
calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Chris Dillon – NCSG
Amr Elsadr – NCUC
Yoav Keren - RrSG
Rudi Vansnick - NPOC
Vinay Kumar Singh - individual

Apologies: none

ICANN staff:
Julie Hedlund
Mary Wong
Julia Charvolen

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Wednesday 15 August 2013:
Yoav Keren:Is there a call in number?
  Yoav Keren:thanks :)
  Julie Hedlund:Yes, Julia will forward them to you.
  Julia Charvolen:Sure, I will forward you the Verizon dial in details
  Julia Charvolen:Yoav, you should receive the email shortly
  Rudi Vansnick:hi everybody
  Julie Hedlund:Hello Rudi
  Rudi Vansnick:bankholiday here ...
  Julie Hedlund:Sorry about that!
  VINAY KUMAR SINGH:Hi Julie, Rudi and Chris
  Amr Elsadr:Hi everyone..., still dialing in.
  Amr Elsadr:Just joined the call.
  Rudi Vansnick:you are most welcome here Amr
  Amr Elsadr:thnx Rudi.
  Rudi Vansnick:most appreciated Yoav joining us
  Julie Hedlund:In the drafting team we do have two other members: Ching Chao
and Edmon Chung.
See:https://community.icann.org/display/tatcipdp/4.+Membership+and+Mailing+List+Archive
  Julie Hedlund:Note that our current membership is only the Charter Drafting
Team.  We will be seeking a larger membership for the Working Group.
  Julie Hedlund:We will be putting out a Call for Participation specifically
for the PDP Working Group once the Charter is approved.
  Mary Wong:FYI, following from the GNSO Working Sessions in Durban, we will be
facilitating further discussion in the Council as to ways to improve
participation and efficencies within PDP WGs.
  Rudi Vansnick:vacation period has certainly influenced this draft team
participation
  Mary Wong:We are preparing a staff paper that summarizes these discussions in
Durban for distribution shortly.
  VINAY KUMAR SINGH:Chris, I think we need to seek legal assistance because
translation and transliteration may change the Contact Info when used in
different script.
  Mary Wong:Follow up to Julie's point: other WGs have referred questions for
information and research to ICANN Legal before, e.g. in the IGO-INGO WG, they
asked for information as to international and national laws that protected
these organizations.
  Rudi Vansnick:thanks Mary
  Amr Elsadr:+1 @Yoav..., the language looks like it needs to be revised.
  Julie Hedlund:There is another WG that will be developing a data model for IRD
  Julie Hedlund:The work of this WG will fold into that
  Julie Hedlund:This WG is limited to the issues at hand -- it cannot expand
its scope.  It is tasked with just the two issues.  The group developing the
data model for IRD will look at how IRD will be handled in a registration data
service (such as WHOIS)
  Rudi Vansnick:@Julie: indeed, it will be a difficult task as it is part of a
large concern and topic
  Julie Hedlund:Thank you everyone and for those of you who joined on a bank
holiday!
  Mary Wong:Yes, thank you all!
  Amr Elsadr:Thnx. Bye.
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you everyone