ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg]

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting - 20 November 2014

  • To: "gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting - 20 November 2014
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 18:42:58 +0000

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of
Contact Information PDP Working Group call held on Thursday 20 November at
14:00 UTC at:
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20141120-en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20141120-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO

Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Jennifer Chung – RySG

Chris Dillon – NCSG

Rudi Vansnick – NPOC

Ubolthip Sethakaset – Individual

Peter Green (Zhang Zuan)-NCUC

Jim Galvin - RySG

Justine Chew – Individual

Apologies:

Petter Rindforth – IPC

Amr Elsadr – NCUC

Emily Taylor – RrSG

Wolf-Ulrich Knoben – ISPCP

ICANN staff:

Julie Hedlund

Lars Hoffmann

Terri Agnew

 Wiki page:  <http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx> http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 20 November 2014:

  Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the Translation and Transliteration of
Contact Information PDP WG call on 20 November 2014

  Chris Dillon:Hello everyone

  Chris Dillon:https://community.icann.org/display/tatcipdp/20+November+2014

  Chris
Dillon:https://community.icann.org/display/tatcipdp/Comments+on+Initial+report+on+the+Translation+and+Transliteration+of+Contact+Information+Policy+Development+Process

  Rudi Vansnick:are there standards of transformation we could lean on ?

  Peter Green (CONAC):@Rudi, it is really difficult to have such standards

  Chris Dillon:Pinyin is certainly complex.

  Peter Green (CONAC):Yes, Pinyin is an example, but generally, language
diversity and accuracy is the main challenge to have such standards

  Justine Chew:No I don't think it's just you Jim.

  Rudi Vansnick:i would suggest not limiting to  1 (one)

  Justine Chew:I don't see how the existing content can continue in the current
form if we were to proceed with non-mandatory approach.

  Chris Dillon:The arguments stay in the document.

  Justine Chew:So you're saying let's present arguments for both approaches and
based on these conclude that only 1 set of recommendations be put forth?

  Chris Dillon:Yes.

  Jennifer Chung:Thanks for the clarification Chris and Jim

  Rudi Vansnick:the minus could be abstention !

  Julie Hedlund:My apologies everyone, but I have to drop off the call to go to
another meeting.

  Julie Hedlund:Have a great day!

  Chris Dillon:Bye

  Rudi Vansnick:thanks Chris for the great work (also to Lars)

  Jennifer Chung:I will have to send in my apologies for next Thursday because
of Thanksgiving

  Rudi Vansnick:start now with a blank one

  Justine Chew:I see the position Chris is faced with because we still need to
refer to existing provided comments.

  Jennifer Chung:Thanks all, bye.