ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg]

Re: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] RE: Follow up from public comment

  • To: "gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] RE: Follow up from public comment
  • From: Lars Hoffmann <lars.hoffmann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 11:33:51 +0000

Dear all,

To get some more relevant data I have reached out to ICANN's translation
services to see what their current rate for translations is. They got back
to me with the following:

"Translations are not billed per hour, but per word.  When a document is
submitted for translation the material is assessed, one of the pieces of
information we get from this assessment is the word count which allows us to
estimate the time needed for delivery and, of course, the cost for the
project.

However, when the document or text to be translated represents less than 100
words, then the cost applied to the project is the ³minimum cost², and that
is anywhere between $25 to $75, depending on the language, for any document
of 100 or less words.²

I hope this is useful as a ball park figure.
Very best.
Lars