ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contro-wg]

RE: [gnso-contro-wg] rev 01. of the controversial names report

  • To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "'Controversial TLDs'" <gnso-contro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-contro-wg] rev 01. of the controversial names report
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 11:37:20 -0400

Getting to what gives a group or an individual 'standing' is indeed a
challenge. That will be in the category of 'more work needed'. However, not
everyone is a member of a SO constituency, and I am not clear that creating
constituencies is the solution.

Perhaps we need to think more about what makes up a 'controversy' and then
address how other entities would get 'standing'. But I also don't want to
put the GNSO Council into the middle of making the determination. That
doesn't sound like what councilors are elected to do. :-)