ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contro-wg]

[gnso-contro-wg] final draft 05

  • To: Controversial TLDs <gnso-contro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-contro-wg] final draft 05
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 15:27:51 -0400

Hi,

an inconsistency was pointed out to me. I had not modified the table to take into account the decision concerning consensus decisions in the Advisory committee.

Recommendation 1  should read:

1. Propose creating a category called Controversial
Names for use at the top level only. A label that
is applied for would be considered Controversial
if during the Public Comment phase of the new
gTLD application process the label becomes
disputed by a formal notice of a consensus
position or other formally supported decision process
from an ICANN Advisory Committee or
ICANN Supporting Organization, and otherwise
meets the definition of Controversial Names as
defined above.

I have attached the updated draft.

a.