ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois]

Re: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] Start to work?

  • To: Don Blumenthal <dblumenthal@xxxxxxx>, "gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] Start to work?
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 11:31:34 -0500

Regarding use of the procedure, http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/rt4-whois/Week-of-Mon-20110815/001212.html says that the procedure was used once by a registry. However, http://www.icann.org/en/resources/registries/rsep?page=4 seems to clearly indicate that they also used the RSEP process, and that this process was completed prior to the 17Jan08 effective date of the policy.

I have written to Denise asking for a clarification.

From my personal point of view, being associated with the ALAC which considers such issues of great importance, I cannot recall an invocation of the policy.

Alan