ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois]

FW: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] statement on data protection

  • To: "gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FW: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] statement on data protection
  • From: "Balleste, Roy" <rballeste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 18:46:28 +0000

Don,

Thank you.  I appreciate your views and wanted to share how I perceived the
discussions going so far, and also my observations and concerns.  If we are
going to have a good and fruitful discussion, it is important that we share
completely our views.  If I am wrong, then I want to be educated.   I suppose
that I could say more, but I will only clarify here a few items.

1. By "inapplicable," I mean, innaplicable to our discussion.
2. Regarding the report? Could it include a section on the minority view? (If
there is no concensus?)
3. The observation about the cross-border issue is a reminder that we will not
get an answer on that issue without the appropite expert in that field.
4. The letter from Mr. Fadi can be interpreted in more than one way.  It is
unclear if the Article 29 WP will work via the GAC.  Would they choose that
route?
5. I distinctively remember the discussion about the Whois data being about its
vulnerability.  If 'thin' has a problem, it would be great to have examples.  I
did not say that the discussion was about VeriSign.
But if a comment is about "thin" Whois, then, VeriSign is in the equation.

I look forward to the discussion in the best interest of all stakeholders.

Respectfully,

Roy