ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois]

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] MP3 & Attendees / Privacy and data protection sub-team

  • To: Gisella Gruber <Gisella.Gruber@xxxxxxxxx>, Privacy and Data Protection Thick WHOIS <gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] MP3 & Attendees / Privacy and data protection sub-team
  • From: Gisella Gruber <Gisella.Gruber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 06:19:03 -0700

Dear All,

Please find hereafter the MP3 recording of today's Privacy and Data
Protection sub-team as well as the participants and AC Chat Transcript.

http://ftp.adigo.com/clients/icann/20130327_Thick_WHOIS.zip

Attendees: Don Blumenthal, Roy Balleste, Alan Greenberg, Steve Metalitz,
Marc Anderson, Amr Elsadr

Apologies: Carlton Samuels, Marie-Laure Lemineur, Susan Prosser

Staff: Marika Konings, Gisella Gruber

Please note that NO further calls have been scheduled until Beijing.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Gisella

Adobe Connect Chat:

  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the Privacy & Date Protection Sub-Team
Meeting - 27 March 2013 at 2000 UTC
  Don:Be there as soon as I find my headset
  Don:Correction. The right headset. Lots to choose from
  Gisella Gruber-White:Amr has joined the AC room
  Amr Elsadr:Hi, just joined the call. Sorry about being late. Blizzard out
tonight.
  Marc Anderson:agree with Steve
  Gisella Gruber-White:Berry jas joined the call
  Roy Balleste:Sorry, I dropped the call.  One moment.
  Roy Balleste:I am back.
  Roy Balleste:I am not reffering about 5 years from now, nut six months
from now.
  Don:But how do we know what will happen even 6 months from now.
  Alan Greenberg:There some VERY serious issues related to privacy and
online activities. BUt msot of them are not within our scope.
  Amr Elsadr:By the way..., Norway is not part of the EU.
  Alan Greenberg:I don't see how we can address currently un-written and
unspecified laws that may come into being in the future.
  Roy
Balleste:http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/the-european-union-close
s-in-on-data-privacy-legislation-a-877973.html
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks.
  Don:Closing in isn't the same as final and there are a lot of amendments
still pending.
  Marika Konings:Also, approval does not mean implementation. I believe the
article I shared last week mentioned that the expectation was that at the
earliest it would come into effect in 2015.
  Don:True. The directives take awhlle and then must be passed by members.
  Amr Elsadr:that's a good point, Alan.
  Amr Elsadr:+1 Marc
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Don.
  Amr Elsadr:Are we going to have a call next week?
  Marc Anderson:I'm willing/able to meet next week.