ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois]

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] Issues list

  • To: "gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] Issues list
  • From: Don Blumenthal <dblumenthal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 13:46:22 -0400

We need to have a preliminary ready for the WG by the Beijing meeting. The
Wednesday call spent some time reviewing a preliminary list of issues to cover.
The list after comments during the the call is attached.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the items, think that some
should come off, or have additional points that we should cover,

I hope to have a draft done by Monday. As an sneak preview, the general
approach will be:

The WG task is to examine thick and thin registry models and decide if ICANN
should mandate a thick model for existing thin registries and for registries
created in any additional rounds of new gTLD solicitations.
Thin models exist
Thick models exist
What indicates that data privacy and protection issues are different for thick
vs thin?
What DPP issues might arise in the transition of existing thin registries to
thick setups?

Comments on that approach are welcome, although I'm sure that I'll see them
regardless after I share the draft. :)

Don