ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Voting Members

  • To: <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Voting Members
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:09:13 -0400

Thanks for this, Ross. Each of the constituencies should be designating a
"voting member" for this call, you are quite right. I doubt that  some have
had a chance to decide how to do that. Since we have only five days after
the presentation of the report, we should figure this out in short order.

I doubt that it matters who casts the vote from any constituency, since
everyone votes under instruction, so to speak.

In the BC, David and I have worked out that he will vote for the BC on this
call, since he is expected to be available, and I had a conflict originally.
At t his point, I will probably be on the call, but the vote will remain
with David.

I assume other constituencies will work it out in a similar fashion. Thus, I
expect that Jordyn will prob. Start the voting by asking for the name of the
voting member per constituency.:-)

However, I join you in asking for the form of the ballot. :-)
It can be as simple as

1) support the recommendation
2) do not support the recommendation
3) abstain

Is there an "other"???? can't think of one.