ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Note to council on Notice recommendation

  • To: "'KathrynKL@xxxxxxx'" <KathrynKL@xxxxxxx>, jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Note to council on Notice recommendation
  • From: "Fares, David" <DFares@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:49:25 -0400

Colleagues,

I remain somewhat confused by this discussion.  As noted by Bruce and as
mentioned on the call yesterday, notice is already a requirement in the RAA.
Moreover, "notice" is a general principle in every set of international
guidelines and self-regulatory and legal/regulatory principles related to
privacy.  With this in mind, is it not better that the notice be clear and
conspicuous so that registrants fully understand the uses of the data that
they submit as part of their registration?

Best regards,

David

  _____