ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [Fwd: Re: [gnso-dow123] Note to council on Notice recommendation]

  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [gnso-dow123] Note to council on Notice recommendation]
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 04:46:56 -0400

On 8/11/2005 3:45 AM GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx noted that:

(2) Since the constituency Ross and Paul represent voted against the
recommendation origiinally, what is the basis for reconsideration?
Normally such a motion could only be brought by someone who had voted
yes originally

I think I've made the substantive basis for my recommendations clear. I'm not sure I understand the procedural objections that Steve raises nor do I understand what his notion of "normal" is.

From my standpoint, the issue is very clear. a) We have a problem that we need to deal with, b) the task force is proposing a clear course of action to remedy that problem, c) now we need to execute our plan through completion.

--
Regards,

-rwr

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one indispensable condition for social progress."
- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)