ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Emailing: 2100-9588_22-5986553.htm

  • To: Anthony Harris <harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Emailing: 2100-9588_22-5986553.htm
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:50:51 -0500

As interesting as this discourse as, can someone fill me in on next steps for this working group? It wasn't quite clear coming out of VCR (at least not to me)...

Anthony Harris wrote:
Bret,

If these percentages are correct, then in the case of gTLD
registrations, and if we take a number of 35 million gTLD
registrations as a ball park figure (I am probably a little off
mark), that would mean 5.14% would be equivalent to
1.799.000 registrations with 'patently false data in at least
one of the required whois fields' ?

As a percentage granted it may not be significant; as an array of potential law infringement and abuse perpetrators, the
number might raise some concern?

Tony Harris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bret Fausett" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>