ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] FOR REVIEW: Draft Preliminary Task Force Report on the Purpose of Whois]

  • To: <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] FOR REVIEW: Draft Preliminary Task Force Report on the Purpose of Whois]
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 13:31:35 -0500

The Report looks ok in most respects, however, the NCUC statement on Task #1
(Whois purpose) was left out. That statement can be downloaded on our website
at this URL.

http://www.ncdnhc.org/policydocuments/ncuc-whois-purpose-9-Aug-05.pdf

We would have to insist that it be included as the corresponding statements of
other constituencies are included, and we assume that it's ommission was simply
an oversight.

>>> "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> 12/23/2005 12:35 PM >>>

Dear all,

Following the input of the task force chair, Jordyn Buchanan, I am
circulating for your review the draft Preliminary Task Force Report on
the Purpose of Whois.

Once it has been reviewed/revised by the task force, the report will be
posted for public comments.  Given the holidays, may I suggest that you
provide your comments on the report by the 12th of January, 2006?

All the best, Maria

--
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat - ICANN