ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] FOR REVIEW: Draft Preliminary Task Force Report on the Purpose of Whois]

  • To: Milton Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] FOR REVIEW: Draft Preliminary Task Force Report on the Purpose of Whois]
  • From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:20:19 +0100

Milton,

Apologies for this omission, it will be added to the draft Preliminary Task Force report and a revised version of this report will be published:
http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois-privacy/draft-Whois-preliminary.pdf

Thank you,
Glen

Milton Mueller wrote:
The Report looks ok in most respects, however, the NCUC statement on Task #1 (Whois purpose) was left out. That statement can be downloaded on our website at this URL.

http://www.ncdnhc.org/policydocuments/ncuc-whois-purpose-9-Aug-05.pdf

We would have to insist that it be included as the corresponding statements of other constituencies are included, and we assume that it's ommission was simply an oversight.

"GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 12/23/2005 12:35 PM >>>

Dear all,

Following the input of the task force chair, Jordyn Buchanan, I am
circulating for your review the draft Preliminary Task Force Report on
the Purpose of Whois.

Once it has been reviewed/revised by the task force, the report will be
posted for public comments.  Given the holidays, may I suggest that you
provide your comments on the report by the 12th of January, 2006?

All the best, Maria

--
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat - ICANN