ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] FOR REVIEW: Draft PreliminaryTaskForceReport on the Purpose...

  • To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] FOR REVIEW: Draft PreliminaryTaskForceReport on the Purpose...
  • From: KathrynKL@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:54:52 EST

Only for you, my dear TF members, would I take time from the major deadline I
am on. But I see this is moving ahead of schedule... so here I am.

First, kudos to Maria and all who worked on this.  A good presentation of a
complicated subject and history.  Thank you!

Now a few additions, mostly small.
1)  An opening plea:  could this please be posted in Adobe Acrobat as well as
HTML?  Let's give people an easy print version of this long and important
document.

2) a nit:  page 2, the index.  Let's give all constituency statements the
same title, e.g., Commercial and Business Constituency Statement, Noncommercial
Users Constituency Statement, etc.

3) a nit: page, 7, "Noncommercial" is one word in the third bullet

4) page 8.  To Formuation 2, the paragaphs starting "These representatives
support Formulation 2...." Consistent with Steve's changes elsewhere, I think
we
should expand "to help resolve issues" -> "to help resolve issues broadly
related to how the domain name is used, ... "

5) Under the last paragraph of "Common Ground" section, page 8-9:
Let's run the redline in both directions.  Redlining is always a bit
ambiguous, so for clarity and ease of review of both formulations, I think the
redlining should run both ways.  Possible title/text:

    "Formulation 1 over Formulation 2" (or some similar title) then show
Formulation 1 version on top (currently not shown), then
       "Forumulation 2 over Formulation 1" and include the current
Formulation 2 overwriting Formulation 1.

6) Page 50 Public Forum.  I would like to add one last line to my comments to
complete my thought at the microphone that day:
       "... but just a first step, because it does not allow registrars and
registries to come into voluntary, pro-active compliance with their data
protection laws."

Thanks!
Kathy