ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Attached! Preliminary tf Report Purpose Whois and Whois con...

  • To: "Ross Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Attached! Preliminary tf Report Purpose Whois and Whois con...
  • From: "Steve Metalitz" <metalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:14:15 -0500

I suggest that we work from Olof's revised version, circulated March 9,
and that the suggested changes proposed by me (
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-dow123/msg00845.html) and Kathy (
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-dow123/msg00846.html) be considered.

I also suggest that the following statement be included in the report.

The BC and IPC representatives preferred that all public comment
contributions  that are about the topic of a public comment process be
summarized in the report. The BC and IPC representatives further raised
a concern that omitting some comments will send the wrong message to
those who participated in the public comment process that their efforts
were not incorporated by the Task Force in its deliberations, nor made
appropriately visible to the gNSO Council for their deliberations.  This
runs the risk of discouraging public participation in the ICANN policy
development process.  (Obviously spam, and postings that are entirely
off topic can be excluded from the summary.)

Steve Metalitz