ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] NCUC Procedural Proposal - recirculated

  • To: ross@xxxxxxxxxx, Steve Metalitz <metalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] NCUC Procedural Proposal - recirculated
  • From: "David W. Maher" <dmaher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:06:32 -0500

Amen

At 11:23 AM 4/27/2006, Ross Rader wrote:
Steve Metalitz wrote:

<snip>

At the time this provision was first included in the RAA (1999) it was
viewed as a significant protection against speculative or abusive
registration.  If the registrar had to get reasonable assurance of
payment before the registration took effect, it also made it more likely
that it would know who the registrant was.  Certainly this has some
relevance to the issue of accuracy of Whois data.

This is a very interesting interpretation - of many things. Most curious is the suggestion that this fantastic extrapolation is somehow relevant to the work of this group.

Someone please drop me a note when this group has decided to get back to work on the terms of reference. The process discussions and distractions have become too much for me to follow everything directly.

Regards,

--

                       -rr

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Contact Info:

Ross Rader
Director, Research & Innovation
Tucows Inc.