ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Changes to OPOC proposal

  • To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Changes to OPOC proposal
  • From: "Jordyn Buchanan" <jordyn.buchanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:59:03 -0400

Hi all:

I just re-sent the read-only link to the Writely document of the OPOC
proposal.  Task force members that have lost their link that provides
read/write access can e-mail me (read/write access is also necessary to see
revision history, unfortunately).  If you have previously logged into
Writely, you should be able to simply go to writely.com, login, and the
proposal should be displayed in your list of available documents.

Earlier today, I made several edits tot he proposal that I encourage you to
review.  Specifically, these edits relate to:

1) Introducing a definition of the purpose of the registered name holder
(which mirrors the definition adopted by the Transfers Task Force),
2) Introduces language indicating that the administrative and technical
contacts would have no purpose within the context of Whois if the proposal
were adopted,
3) Adds a section relating to notifying registrants of the changes
introduced by the OPOC and of the purpose of the contacts at the time of
registration.

Please feel free to review these changes and to make further edits that you
think improve them.

Also, if you have general ideas or suggestions to improve the OPOC proposal
(for example, to address any of the concerns that were raised in our review
of various data elements), I strongly encourage you to send them to the list
(or add them to the Writely document) before our next call.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Jordyn