ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Note from Paul Twomey regarding WHOIS clause in the Affirmation of Responsibilities Resolution passed by the Board last week.

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Note from Paul Twomey regarding WHOIS clause in the Affirmation of Responsibilities Resolution passed by the Board last week.
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:25:29 -0400

Tim Ruiz wrote:
> what ICANN's existing policy on Whois billing contact data is
Seems to me that the current policy is that it's not required for Whois. There is nothing in our RRA about a Billing Contact for Whois and there are no concensus policies that change that.
Section 3.4.1 of our RRA does require the name of the Billing Contact for data retention purposes only.

Yeah, I was more pointing out the paradox in Paul's statement wherein he claims to have come to a thorough agreement with USG and the Board about the real meaning of the clause in question as it relates to existing policy, but seems to have completely missed the boat on what the existing policy actually is.

-r