ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] fields in the oPOC proposal

  • To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] fields in the oPOC proposal
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 07:06:47 +0200

Hi,

It had been my understanding that
- Registered Name Holder
- Country and state/province of the registered name holder
were included as public access data in the OPoC proposal as part of a compromise with the IPC and others, e.g. BC, interests. Since there is now an alternative proposal, and since I personally believe that full access to the OPoC is sufficient to meet the intended purpose for whois data, I propose that these fields be omitted from the list of public access fields in the OPoC proposal.

thanks
a.