ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Comments on the Revised Preliminary Task Force Report on Whois Services

  • To: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Comments on the Revised Preliminary Task Force Report on Whois Services
  • From: "Jordyn Buchanan" <jordyn.buchanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:31:36 -0500

Hi Marilyn:

I do need clarification, Jordyn, on how you will progress the call on Monday
related to the voting on the report, since I have to arrange to leave
drafting sessions at the ITU Plenipot in order to participate in the call.
 Are you reviewing the report by sections and approving?

My intent is that we will manage all or most of the textual issues by e-mail
between now and the call.  If there are a small number of "hot button" items
that need further discussion on Monday, we can devote a small amount of time
to resolving these issues.

However, my intent is not to move through the various sections and have a
general discussion about each one.  I think this will be too time consuming,
and we don't really have any more weeks to defer the publication of the
report.  I do intend to conduct straw polls on the various policy
recommendations to get a sense of the level of support for various options,
so that this can be indicated in the report.

Jordyn