[gnso-dow123] Voting procedure
- To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [gnso-dow123] Voting procedure
- From: "Jordyn Buchanan" <jordyn.buchanan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:55:44 -0500
Soon, we're going to be called upon to decide what the majority view
of the task force is. Since it seems unlikely that we'll be able to
make this decision based on a unanimous view of the task force, I am
going to propose that we use the following voting mechanism:
- Each constituency will receive two votes. In most cases, we've had
two representatives from the various constituencies show up within the
past month or so; although a few constituencies have three members
that have ever shown up, this seems like a rare ocurrence. If more
than two people are likely to show up, I would request that
constituency chairs identify the voting members. If your constituency
won't have two memebers available for some reason, let me know and
we'll work out some procedure to resolve this.
- Avri will receive one vote as a voting "expert" appointee to the TF
by the Council.
- I will not get a vote as a non-voting "expert" appointee to TF by the council.
- Wendy, our ALAC representative, will not get a vote. But if the
ALAC has comments, it may be reasonable to include them. Same goes
for Suzanne, our GAC representative.
Please let me know if you have comments, questions or concerns about