ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Voting procedure

  • To: jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Voting procedure
  • From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 10:54:10 +0100

Dear All,

At the GNSO Council meeting on 18 May 2006, the Council passed the following motions:
http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/minutes-gnso-18may06.shtml

Decision 2:
The GNSO Council appoints Jordyn Buchanan as a non-voting outside adviser to the WHOIS Task force under Annex A, Section 5(a) of the ICANN force and is able to act in the role of chair if so elected by the task force.

Decision 3:
The GNSO Council appoints Avri Doria as a voting outside adviser to the WHOIS task force under Annex A, Section 5(a) of the ICANN bylaws. Avri is able to participate fully as a member of the task force and is able to act in the role of chair if so elected by the task force.

I hope this clarifies the position.
Kind regards,

Glen

Jordyn Buchanan a écrit :
Hi Tom:

Actually, I think that there was a distinction made in voting status
by the council.  In any case, even if I had a vote I would abstain so
we can assume that I do not have a vote for the purposes of defining
the procedure.