ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] DRAFT Final Task Force Report Version 1.2

  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] DRAFT Final Task Force Report Version 1.2
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:48:48 -0500

On 5-Feb-07, at 9:15 AM, Metalitz, Steven wrote:

(2) no credible evidence has been brought
forward to question the validity of any endorsement;

Let me be more explicit.

I asked a few of the endorsers if their corporate position was to support the MarkMonitor letter. They universally said "No, under no circumstances is this our position". This lead to the withdrawal of some of the endorsements. I'd be happy to confidentially share more information with our chair offline if it is required.

The endorsements are questionable, at best. All that matters about their submission is its content. This isn't a ballot. Let's focus on the content of the submissions.

Ross Rader Director, Retail Services t. 416.538.5492 c. 416.828.8783 http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen