ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Final Task Force Report on Whois Services

  • To: <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Final Task Force Report on Whois Services
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 16:54:17 -0500

>>> "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> 3/6/2007 1:32 PM >>>
>FYI, below is the agreed Task Force summary of the call when
>the status of this proposal was discussed on 18 December, 2006.
>A distinction was made by the chair and agreed by the task force
> about the different status of the OPoC/Special Circumstances
>proposals and the proposal made by Avri/Milton/Wendy and by
> Marilyn.

Maria, this is a complete non sequitur. We agreed "not to spend
significant time discussing" our proposal on a specific teleconference
-- but we did discuss it. If the "special circumstances proposal" is
included in the main body of the report because we discussed it, then
the others have to be included too.

>From a fairness and tidyness standpoint, neither should be in the main
body of the report.