ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Final Task Force Report on Whois Services

  • To: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Final Task Force Report on Whois Services
  • From: "Jordyn Buchanan" <jordyn.buchanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:23:47 -0500

I actually lifted that sentence almost directly from an e-mail from a
registry constituency rep, but I'm glad to allow them to clarify this
point.

Jordyn

On 3/6/07, Milton Mueller <Mueller@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I have reviewed only the executive summary. Not bad, overall. One
modification that needs to be made in this sentence:

"The Registry Constituency, which voted in favor of the OPOC proposal,
believes that considerable work still needs to be done to address the
issue of access to non-public Whois information by law enforcement and
others with a legitimate need for access."

My understanding is that the RyC's support access for law enforcement
but not necessarily "others." Therefore the last part of this sentence
must be stricken as it does not reflect their consensus views, and
should read as follows: