ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Final Task Force Report on Whois Services

  • To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Final Task Force Report on Whois Services
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 13:43:17 -0500

Hi,

Actually this was a decision by the chair, I do not remember the TF actually voting on it. But I may have missed that.

My issue is that when the special Circumstance proposal was first submitted I asked the chair whether it was necessary to submit an opposing proposition, but was assured that the Special circumstances proposal would not get special status and therefore submitting a counter proposal was not necessary. Once I realized that the Special Circumstance proposal was being given special status and submitted the counter proposal it was later in the process it was given it less then special status.

As for changing/repudiating my support for OPOC as Jordyn suggests; since I don't believe it right for the RyC constituency to do so, I won't do so at this point. I will possibly withhold approval from the report however due to what I consider to be an inequity in the process.

thanks a.