ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[gnso-dt-wg] Domain Tasting Ad hoc Group - Action points from call 25 July - clarified!

  • To: <gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dt-wg] Domain Tasting Ad hoc Group - Action points from call 25 July - clarified!
  • From: "Olof Nordling" <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:17:59 +0200

Dear all,
I amended the action point list a little below, to make it clearer.
Please regard this as the current version!
Best Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: Olof Nordling [mailto:olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx] 
Sent: den 26 juli 2007 15:00
To: 'gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Domain Tasting Ad hoc Group - Action points from call 25 July

Dear all,
Below please find action points from yesterday's call.
Best regards


Action points, conference call 25 July 2007

1. Comments to revised RFI question list from chair are due to the list
before Sunday evening 29 July, preferably as redline versions. Olof will
consolidate comments in a new version to the list 24 hours before next call.
Olof will integrate the approach used in the PRO survey regarding respondent

2. Jeff N offered to investigate with registries what deletion data per
registrar can be supplied.

3. Kristina offered to check with UDRP service providers on their timeline
statistics and other data.  

4. Staff will check availability of economist for next call. 

5. Staff will contact Tim Cole regarding preferred ways of outreach to
individual registrars.

6. Next call is scheduled for Wednesday 1 August at 15.00 UTC and subsequent
calls will be on Wednesdays at the same time throughout August.

Highlights on other topics discussed:

7. Background to data brought up in reports by CADNA and MarkMonitor would
be desirable.

8. Discussions on domain tasting are ongoing between ICANN and Verisign.
Patrick will contact Pat Kane to check current status. 

9. Contacts with individual domain-tasting registrants considered, ICA or
the registrars are possible alternative gateways for that.

10. When the constituencies introduce the RFI internally, it is advisable to
highlight the key questions for the constituency.

11. The RFI should preferably be posted on the ICANN website and be
supported with outreach activities and by posting on other available and
appropriate websites. Suggested deadline for comments is three weeks from

12. It seems worthwhile that staff contact individual ccTLDs (like Nominet
and DENIC) with experiences of possible relevance for the topic, as well as
channeling a wider request to the ccTLDs via the ccNSO.       

Mike Rodenbaugh - chair CBUC (Council) Sophia Bekele Nominating Committee
appointee to Council Greg Ruth - ISPCP Jeff Neuman - gTLD Registry
constituency Paul Diaz - Registrar constituency Jeff Eckhaus - Registrar
constituency Jothan Frakes - Registrar constituency Kristina Rosette - IPC
(Council) Alan Greenberg - ALAC

Absent apologies:
Margie Milam

Olof Nordling - Manager, Policy Development Coordination Patrick Jones -
Registry Liaison Manager Glen de Saint Géry - GNSO Secretariat

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy