ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

Re: [gnso-dt-wg] Revised Motion

  • To: gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dt-wg] Revised Motion
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:28:43 -0500

Jeff, your first bullet of the recommendations says "10% of its new/renewal registrations". The funnel request very clearly says 10% of net new registrations, and not renewals.

Specifically: "It is important to note that renewals of existing domain name registrations are NOT factored into the 10% threshold calculation, just new registrations."

And a question. The text of the funnel request makes it clear that the 10% refers to the NET new adds (total added minus the AGP deletes). Without the surrounding text, your suggested motion can easily be read as the New adds, prior to the AGP deletes (which as I recall is the usage in the ICANN partial forgiveness of the per-registrar variable fee and the calculation used by PIR).

Alan