ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-dt-wg] Revised Motion

• To: gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dt-wg] Revised Motion
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:28:43 -0500

Jeff, your first bullet of the recommendations says "10% of its new/renewal registrations". The funnel request very clearly says 10% of net new registrations, and not renewals.

Specifically: "It is important to note that renewals of existing domain name registrations are NOT factored into the 10% threshold calculation, just new registrations."

And a question. The text of the funnel request makes it clear that the 10% refers to the NET new adds (total added minus the AGP deletes). Without the surrounding text, your suggested motion can easily be read as the New adds, prior to the AGP deletes (which as I recall is the usage in the ICANN partial forgiveness of the per-registrar variable fee and the calculation used by PIR).

Alan

At 25/02/2008 10:20 AM, Neuman, Jeff wrote:

All,

Please see my comments on the latest version of the Motion. I have eliminated all of the Whereas clauses that do not relate to this motion (namely, the ICANN fee information) and revised the motion to be more in line with what the .biz and .info proposals. In addition, I have added a paragraph on revising the Registrar Accreditation Agreement.

I am ready to discuss this tomorrow subject to all of the other caveats.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Sr. Director, Law, Advanced Services  &

Business Development

NeuStar, Inc.
Loudoun Tech Center
46000 Center Oak Plaza
Sterling, VA 20166
p: (571) 434-5772
efax: (703) 738-7965
e-mail: <mailto:Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy