ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Statements of Interest -- required from "Individual" participants

  • To: mike@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Statements of Interest -- required from "Individual" participants
  • From: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:23:14 -0700

Hi,

I'm participating in the ICANN fastflux group solely in an individual
capacity and not representing any ICANN constituency, and any/all
opinions I express while doing so are strictly my own and not
necessarily those of any other organization I may be involved with.

As a matter of professional identification, I am security programs
manager, Internet2, work which is done through the University of Oregon.
As such I have an intrinsic interest in improving system and network
security.

I am also a senior technical advisor for the Messaging Anti-Abuse Working
Group (MAAWG). In that capacity, I have a interest in combating spam and
other messaging abuse, including fastflux and domain name-related abuse.

For additional background on the perspective I bring to this issue, some
talks I've previously given are available at http://www.uoregon.edu/~joe/

Regards,

Joe St Sauver