ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] FW: Fast Flux working group SOI Randy Vaughn

  • To: "mail=gnso-ff-pdp-may08@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ff-pdp-may08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] FW: Fast Flux working group SOI Randy Vaughn
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 14:02:06 -0700

Statement of Interest

Randal Vaughn

I am a professor of Information Systems at Baylor University.  I conduct
research in counter eCrime with a specialization in identifying,
demographically mapping and reporting malicious Internet domains and
activities.   My interests are motivated by the recognition of the
dependence of commerce and global communications on the Internet
infrastructure and the needs of society to protect itself from harm.

I am not currently a member of any ICANN Constituency.  I do, however,
actively cooperate with individuals and corporations who share my concerns
for the safety and security of the Internet infrastructure and of Internet-
based commerce by providing research or other support when possible.

I perceive a need for ICANN and registry/registrar policies directed
towards increasing Internet security by specifically addressing the abuse
of 'fast-fluxed' domains in a manner that will not damage legitimate use of
domain name system capabilities. Without such suitable policies, abusive
fast-flux domains will continue to operate in a risk-free manner which will
inevitably result in increased loss to personal and commercial interests.

Regards,
Randy