ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Definition V4.2

  • To: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>, Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Definition V4.2
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:08:42 -0500

At 02:03 PM 7/29/2008, Dave Piscitello wrote:
Whatever helps  us move ON.

<grin>  oops.  Freudian capitalization there.

new version on the web site;

https://st.icann.org/pdp-wg-ff/index.cgi?initial_draft_definitions

On 7/29/08 2:56 PM, "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

at this point my plea is for converging definitions rather than
diverging.  i'm feeling the need to get a stake in the ground and move ON.

i'm meh on the "compromised vs plurally-purposed" debate and can go either way.

routing was discussed in previous email, and i find the "discard it"
arguments more compelling.

"intent" has been discussed in previous email AND two phone
conversations, and i find the "discard it" arguments more compelling.

"change in TTL" correction duly noted -- Dave, you want to comment on
that?  is it low TTL, or *changing* TTL, or both?