ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Definition V4.2

  • To: RL_Vaughn@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Definition V4.2
  • From: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:37:48 -0700

Randy mentioned:

#> I understand changes to network nodes and name servers, but whta are
#> "proxy targets"?
#
#Motherships - too squishy and UFOish to me.  Well, that and my
#Anglish went with the last of my neurons.

UFOish, I like it :-)

#"Malicious content back-end servers" or maybe just "back-end servers"?
#Somehow those phrases also seem poor candidates.

The wording question may be moot because I don't think the
non-publicly-visible back-end servers flux (unless/until they (rarely)
get identified and booted).

Have you seen a multi-tier fastflux network, where visible front end
hosts reverse proxy for a 2nd tier, which also fluxes, before ultimately
reaching a static backend server?

Regrads,

Joe