ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Abuse in general

  • To: George Kirikos <fastflux@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Abuse in general
  • From: Marc Perkel <marc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 21:06:44 -0700

George Kirikos wrote:
Hello,

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 11:17 PM, Marc Perkel <marc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is the "Fast Flux" group but Fast Flux by itself isn't the problem.

Exactly. As I was pointing out elsewhere (not sure if it got reposted
to this list or not), fast flux can be used for "high availability"
which is something EVERYONE wants. Just because criminals adopted
"best practices" doesn't mean that everyone else should be blocked
from using that technique, especially in the future.

I'm assuming that we are working to stop only fraud and phishing. I think we all agree that impersonating banks to steal money is bad?