ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Mannheim score concerns (minority view)

  • To: George Kirikos <fastflux@xxxxxxxx>, "gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Mannheim score concerns (minority view)
  • From: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:02:01 -0700

Interesting perspective. I don't entirely agree with the conclusion but am
happy to see this included.

Having spent too many hours flogging through event logs from poorly tuned
systems in the early days of IDS, I'll confess that I am not an advocate of
automation without human oversight, George. I also find it hard to imagine I
think it would be helpful if you take a look at Joe's proposed text and see
where you might describe the means and value of human "participation". Perhaps
there will be broader support if we see the text:-)