ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-geo-dg]

Re: [gnso-geo-dg] ICANN regions - quick history

  • To: "Anthony Harris" <harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-geo-dg] ICANN regions - quick history
  • From: "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 11:25:34 -0300

Philip, Tony,
Reviewing the UN documents, there are approaches that divide America into
North America and Latin America and Caribbean (as for the Economic
Commissions for example), also in the referred document about UN Statistics
information there is a division in the Americas using this criteria:

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm

Composition of macro geographical (continental) regions, geographical
sub-regions, and selected economic and other groupings  *   **Geographical
region and composition*

 001 *World*     002*
Africa<http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm#africa>
<http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm#ftna>*a*/*<http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm#ftna>