ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-geo-dg]

RE: [gnso-geo-dg] Principles for ICANN Region discussion

  • To: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <gnso-geo-dg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-geo-dg] Principles for ICANN Region discussion
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:21:51 -0400

Very well said Philip.  Your point applies to the GNSO as well.
Selecting Council reps primarily for geo-diversity and competence second
may give us less than desirable results in terms of effectiveness.  That
is why I think we need to explore ways of allowing some flexibility that
balances these two goals.

Chuck