ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-geo-dg]

[gnso-geo-dg] Principles for ICANN Region discussion

  • To: <gnso-geo-dg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-geo-dg] Principles for ICANN Region discussion
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:34:11 +0200

Olga,
are we not confusing OUTREACH necessary for good policy and the scope of our
work to comment
on ICANN regions?

I am sure we all agree on the need for good outreach in policy development -
that is
achieved by diversity within constituencies and the other parties consulted.

This is different to ICANN regions - which are lines on maps drawn in order to
implement
geo-diversity in the representation of GNSO council members (and Board etc).

What I am arguing against is the NEED to outreach to draw better lines on maps.
I am - we all are - in favour of good and better outreach for policy
development.

But these are two different things.

Philip