ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-geo-dg]

RE: [gnso-geo-dg] proposed bylaw change Nom Com Board - adding domicile

  • To: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <gnso-geo-dg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-geo-dg] proposed bylaw change Nom Com Board - adding domicile
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:06:14 -0400

Although I agree that there will be wider debate once the community-wide
working group is formed, it does not seem inappropriate for the GNSO in
its comments to recommend consideration of citizenship and/or domicile
as criteria for measuring geo requirements of representatives.  What the
Council needs to decide is whether or not we want that to be part of our
comments.  All we are doing is submitting comments.

Chuck