ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

RE: [gnso-idng] IDNG WG Motion Draft2

  • To: <gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idng] IDNG WG Motion Draft2
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:54:51 -0400

I guess I may be shot for raising the issue, but do we really want to be making statements about ccTLD policy and how ICANN manages (or doesn't manage) them? I suspect we would not take too kindly to the ccNSO making pronouncements about gTLD issues.

Alan

At 16/06/2009 03:03 PM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Definitely an intriguing idea. Without intending to detract from the idea at all, I can hear the members of the cc community now: "We don't want ICANN to do much of what they do for us, we just want the IANA support." Of course, they likely don't even cover the costs for that.

Chuck