ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-idng] IDN TLD Info from the ccNSO

• To: gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idng] IDN TLD Info from the ccNSO
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 06:34:58 +0300

Hi,

I hope you are right. I worry though that the ccNSO failure to include the potential of working with the GNSO in its closing remarks, may not be the best harbinger of cooperative work ahead. I think they are only willing to to cooperate as long as they are sure that doing so won't slow the fast track in any way at all - so getting it right is not excuse for delay. And I have not figured out if there is anything that can be done about insuring ICANN does not go out with a half baked IDN solution.

a.

On 28 Jun 2009, at 21:32, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Here's some information from the ccNSO discussion this past week regarding technical issues regarding IDN TLDs: • The sentiment was that the technical problems are not really problems and there is no reason to delay IDN ccTLDs. • Tina Dam explained that ICANN is looking for an 80% solution to IDN technical problems, not a 100% one.

In spite of the above, I would like to conclude that the ccNSO will still join with us in working on the technical problems like variants as we discussed in the Council meeting on Wednesday.

Chuck

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy