ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

Re: Process forward [RE: [gnso-idng] restarting discussions on IDN gTLD]

  • To: gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Process forward [RE: [gnso-idng] restarting discussions on IDN gTLD]
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 07:41:16 -0500

Hi,

My main question would be, what gets the gTLD fast track beyond the criticisms that are being used to stall gTLDs in general.

Other questions (perhaps subquestions of the question above):

- would it be for IDN gTLDs only
- would it be only for existing gTLD registries
- would applicants have to accept the most stringent of the restrictions being proposed by for new gTLDs (full IRT, no Geo related name of any sort, no word that anyone on earth considers controversial, nothing that has the same meaning or etymology as any exsiting TLD ...)

How would this fasttrack combine with the EoI proposed process?

I am not against this, but I am not sure I see how it would help.

a.