ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

RE: [gnso-idng] reporting back to the council

  • To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idng] reporting back to the council
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 16:39:20 -0400

If we simply follow the recommendation of the GNSO Council, i.e., that fees
should be based on cost recovery, then I think the issue of fairness goes away.
 In cases where the same applicant applies for multiple gTLDs whether they be
for IDNs or not, application review costs that are not incurred because they
are duplicated, are not charged.

Does that make sense?

Chuck