ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] viability of the charter for this group

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] viability of the charter for this group
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 00:32:28 -0500

I find the wording of the resolutions "curious".

For the one on IGOs, the last whereas and the first resolved imply that the reservation would/could be lifted should the PDP decide that is the correct course (presuming the PDP is not overruled by a Board supermajority). But the second resolved does not explicitly say the reservation will be potentially temporary.

On the RCRC/IOC, the acknowledgement of the failed vote and re-submission and the wording in the resolved "until such time as a policy is adopted" (note not a PDP, just "policy") implies that this block can be altered by the upcoming GNSO motion.

Alan