ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] viability of the charter for this group

• To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] viability of the charter for this group
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 00:32:28 -0500

I find the wording of the resolutions "curious".

For the one on IGOs, the last whereas and the first resolved imply that the reservation would/could be lifted should the PDP decide that is the correct course (presuming the PDP is not overruled by a Board supermajority). But the second resolved does not explicitly say the reservation will be potentially temporary.

On the RCRC/IOC, the acknowledgement of the failed vote and re-submission and the wording in the resolved "until such time as a policy is adopted" (note not a PDP, just "policy") implies that this block can be altered by the upcoming GNSO motion.

Alan

At 28/11/2012 11:59 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

Hi,

Now that the Board has trumped the actions of this group with a resolution (2012.11.26.NG03) that I consider, at best, premature and at worst a slap in the face to all who work on PDPs, I wonder, how does this affect our charter and work program? The reason I beleive this is such a slap as it took a different approach with regard to IOC/RC that it did with IGOs (2012.11.26.NG01,2)

For example, can we still recommend that one or both of those who have been elevated beyond all others and have been granted special protections, can have those protections removed by consensus of this PDP?

avri

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy